Thursday, May 25, 2017

Space Station Flyby

If you go on to the NASA website, you can sign up for email alerts that will let you know when the space station will be visible in your area. Sometimes it's just not convenient, like at 3am, or when you have to be doing something somewhere else, but this evening was perfect. My "spot the station" alert informed me that it would be visible for six minutes, appearing 10 degrees above Southwest at 9:09pm and disappearing 10 degrees above Northeast.  You would think that with such specific information it would be possible to document its entire path across the sky, but I only managed to pick it up about half way through its transit. OK, next time I'll do better.  In any event, it was a beautiful evening to be out in the James Island County Park, one of my very happy places.



No comments:

Post a Comment