Sunday, May 15, 2016

Last Few Random Images of South Africa

Before I move on to life back in the US and more portraits of my impossibly cute and talented grandchildren, here are a few more random slices of  the Western Cape area of South Africa.  What a beautiful country it is.  I find myself straddling two lives, my life there with beauty and family, and my life here with the same.  If you ever get the chance to visit, or if you've been thinking about it and just feel like it is too far or too different, don't hesitate - as Nike says, "Just do it".
Buildings in downtown Cape Town - old and new

Allee Bleue, Stellenbosch - Avenue of Gum trees

A drought prevails in the Western Cape

Fisherman's boat in Paternoster

Columbine Lighthouse, Columbine Nature Reserve

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it on your bucket list. It is a spectacular country and so inexpensive when there. Only drawback is the time it takes to get there, but you can handle it :)

      Delete