Saturday, March 22, 2014

On My Way Home

I am on my way back home, sitting in a coffee shop at the O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg waiting for my Delta flight.  I just finished a plate of bacon, eggs and sweet corn fritters.  A little strange for 5.30pm fare – I should be drinking a glass of wine, but it will be a long night, so time enough for that.  The rest of our vacation in Plettenberg Bay was really good from a family reconnection perspective, but Mum became ill and we worried a lot about her. 


We ended up leaving the beach house a day earlier than planned, and having Mum transported to the George hospital by ambulance.  She has since stabilized, but is still undergoing tests and scans and has a way to go.  These next few family photos were taken the evening before she became ill and I was so glad we took the opportunity.  Since we are scattered all over the world, it's not easy to schedule these reunions very often.




No comments:

Post a Comment