Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Obligatory Charleston Snow Capture

OK, so this is not art, but when it snows in Charleston one is sort of obliged to record the event because it may be another 10 years before it happens again.  I had plans to photograph a specific country church in the snow, down Highway 17 in Hollywood, not too far from home since I was rightfully concerned about driving on icy roads, but when I peeked out from under the covers at the sparse dusting of white on the lawn, I decided it just wasn't worth risking life and limb to go there.  I did the next best thing by taking a couple of photos from my front porch.  Actually one photo is of my neighbor's yard, since I had forgotten to switch the sprinkler system off and it melted most of our snow earlier in the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment