Monday, October 7, 2013

Diversity under African Skies Part 1

I have been in South Africa for the past couple of weeks, and I meant to keep up my blog with regular postings of my wanderings.  Limited internet access and a busy schedule got in the way of that, so now I will play catch-up and post images over the next few days that will show some of the wonderful diversity of this land.  These first few were taken in the Schotia private game reserve and Addo National Elephant Park, both near Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.
White Rhino, victim of poaching for horns, believed (incorrectly) to be an aphrodisiac

Lioness in Schotia Game Park

Herd of elephant playing in a waterhole, Addo Elephant Park

Zebra grazing, Schotia Game Reserve

The zebra that didn't get away
.

No comments:

Post a Comment