Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trip to the Oregon Coast - short and sweet

The plan was to drive the Oregon coast for about a week, heading south from Cannon Beach with an old friend, a photographer buddy who lives in Bend.  He has an RV and loves to travel with his dog, so he picked me up from Portland airport and off we went.  Our plan was derailed today however when his dog got sick - the kind of sick you don't need when you're all traveling in an RV.  The only thing for him to do was to take his dog home and offload me to make my own way, which would have been absolutely fine under normal circumstances, but after the Alaska trip and living out of a suitcase for 10 days, I'm ready to go home.  Tomorrow I will spend the day with other friends in Portland before flying home early on Thursday.  Here are the only images I have of the Oregon coast - the rest will have to wait until next time.
Ecola State Park and Cannon Beach

Haystacks off Cannon Beach, OR

Fergie, not feeling quite herself, but still a good looking dog

John and Fergie contemplating the drive home

No comments:

Post a Comment