Saturday, June 9, 2012

Waterfront Park at first light

 When my alarm went off this morning at 5.30, I really didn't want to get out of bed.  Reluctantly I pulled on some clothes, made myself a cup of tea, let the dog out briefly and then headed across the connector into downtown Charleston.  For awhile I have wanted to catch the first light on a couple of spots in Waterfront Park, and there had been conflicts that had prevented it. So this morning I had no excuses, but as I watched the lightening sky from the bridge, I realized I was late.  That early light is subtle.  What I was looking for was already happening and I was still 10 minutes away.  I guess that's the challenge of photography - we never nail the perfect image, but here are a couple that will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment