Monday, June 6, 2011

More from the Parkway

Ethan and Sansanee's wedding was awesome and I will post a few pics soon. I haven't had time to do any sorting or editing because I have been working my way steadily down the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and making the most of all available light, which entails very early rising and falling asleep exhausted. Last night I stayed at the Woodberry Inn at Meadows of Dan in Virginia, and tonight (my last night away) I am staying at The Homestead Inn in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Early tomorrow morning I will start the final home stretch for Charleston. In the meantime, here are a couple more scenes from the journey before I head out for the last time today to catch the evening light.Sunrise near the Saddle/Rocky Knob outlook this morningMeem's Covered Bridge just of 11S near Mount Jackson in VirginiaWildflowers growing by the side of the roadHistoric Trails cabin at Smart View (MP153 approx.)

No comments:

Post a Comment