Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

What a wonderful gift to have four free days. No place I have to be, a few things on my "to-do" list granted, but in no particular order - sometime over the weekend at a leisurely pace. To wake each morning when your body wants to, and not because the alarm says so. Ah ....
Anyway thanks to Jackie, Mike, Nancy & family for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. I had vowed so spend the entire day in my pyjamas, but was finally pursuaded otherwise. The deciding factor was knowing that Jamie was home from Seattle for the weekend, and I hadn't seen him for awhile.
This white egret is a regular visitor to Sunrise Park in the early morning and is almost always sitting on an old piece of partly submerged log in the middle of the lake. He modeled very obligingly for me and then I gave the photo an oil painting treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment