Sunday, May 16, 2010

Edisto's "Back to Nature" Weekend

The annual Edisto Island Open Land Trust's Fundraiser "Back to Nature Day" was held on Saturday at different locations all over Edisto Island. For the past three years I have volunteered my services to document the day's activities and so I scurry around between all the groups, documenting the event. From the bird-watching group, to the naturalists, to the shrimp boat adventure group to the fishing group, to the gardening group to the butterfly group ... Quite hectic and prone to misadventure and missed connections, but I enjoy it and it is for a very good cause. The image above is of Trinity Episcopal Church. I took it at about 8am before the nature events got underway, and the lower image is of Richard Porcher's naturalist group walking along Edingsville Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment