Monday, April 27, 2009

Durban prepares for FIFA 2010

I've been just hanging out here in Durban at Mum & Dad's place for the last couple of days. Had lunch with other family members today and drove around the city this afternoon just to re-aquaint myself with my hometown. So much has changed since I've been gone; not surprisingly since it's been 20 years since I lived here. Many areas are unrecognizable. Some previously squalid neighborhoods are fashionably yuppie these days, and some previously fancy neighborhoods look pretty tired and neglected. Funny how that happens. This photograph is of a new soccer stadium under construction in preparation for the 2010 FIFA World Cup - one of many incredible stadiums being built all over the country to accommodate this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment